Monday 20 July 2009

Weekly? Did I say weekly? More like weakly!

Well I'm back on the planet at last. If I get into my interior design and decorating and building I am GONE!
Holidays over I'm back with a bang as I plan for the September 20th Haslemere Fire Station Ride It Right biker show. I'm also organising a MotoZania biker's meet on the 3rd Sunday of each month from August 2009 at our local J.D. Wetherspoons pub, The Swan in Haslemere High Street. TONS of parking, alcohol-free drinks and cheap food. Ride some very scenic roads to get there. The Swan will also attend the biking safety meet at the Fire Station selling alcohol-free beers and ciders and soft drinks to the hundreds of hungry bikers that devour the free burgers. Discounts will be available on meals purchased with alcohol-free drinks. Stay sober - ride like Rossi. But not on our flippin' roads!
That's my rant this week. The state of our B roads. Forget Ewan and Boorman on their BMWs. I doubt they could ride these Surrey roads without spinal compaction, fillings down the throat and wheels that look like wavy brake discs after an hour. Come on Waverly Borough Council... ever heard of a thing called Tarmac? And putting the odd bit down like rough Spanish plastering is NOT decorative you Wallys!
Ding! Rant over. (Especially when I recall Washington DC roads. OMG! These guys are going to rule the world and they can't even pave their own front drive? George Washington Bridge in NY is second in the terrifying roads awards). The photos are a taster of the roads I test the bikes on. Narrow, twisty, often very rough, full of old duffers with dentures in the wind as they strive to hold onto the steering wheel never mind see over the dash with their bifocals perched on the end of their noses. Signal right - turn left... cotton-head Rover drivers every time mate!
I'm finally managing to get my impressions onto the laptop of the three Aprilias I rode a few weeks ago. Read the first one tomorrow. Dorsoduro 750...


No comments:

Post a Comment