Thursday 28 January 2010

Absolutely nothing happening...

Well we have had the winter of all winters here in the UK. Lots of snow, chaos and lay-offs for two weeks or more. Sorry North Americans...two weeks is sufficient, 9 months is for Edmonton only!
We always ask why we are NEVER ready for snow. Its SOOOOO simple! No one in the UK lives more than a 10 minute walk from a pub. WE DO NOT WANT TO FIX THINGS!!!
If it snows we can all say (including snow-plough drivers) "I can't get to work, Oh dear I guess I'll just HAVE to go to the pub for warmth, sustenance and drink". (emphasis on drink)
As you can see in photo 1 my back garden is positively Minnesotan and no biking shall prevail. So I took a pic of Lower Street (Typical England - its the highest street in Haslemere) with no traffic in site and pedestrians casually sauntering in the snow( to prove they are tough guys unlike their wimpey neighbours snuggled down by the fires in the pub).
Within an hour of taking this picture some nutter on a KTM single came burping, barping and sliding down the main street looking as happy as a fat girl in a chocolate fountain. Sigh.
The car buried is a Rover. My beighbour's. All Rovers should be thus bound. Or their drivers...
The next Rover... a Landrover...had a humorous snowman on the roof so I didn't smash the vehicle to pieces on sight. If you are NOT a Rover hater do email me and have your sickness cured.
Well it may be that your intrepid (if lazy) blogger may be guiding/following (pray following) some tours around Europe this spring/summer so call me if you fancy a wine tour of the Moselle or some other Euro bike tour courtesy of Extra Mile Bike Tours(http://www.extramilebiketours.com/).
Apart from awaiting my monies from the insurance company (Oh my... they have disappeared all of a sudden!) to buy a new bike I have had to content myself with renovation jobs for me and my neighbours. I just built a folding table that rather pleased me. We have such tiny houses that all things have to be 'cute'...read tiny if you are American. Read 'perfect' if you are a yachtsman.
OK, I'm boring you as I have no bikes to report on. Except that I did ride the Honda CB1000R. Lime green is NOT good but the bike was great! Let me see...I've sold bits of my destroyed R1 and I am trying to sell my 2005 around-America R1 from my Phoenix garage. I think the recession is worse than politicians think. Oh, I'm so sorry, I said Politician and think in the same sentence...

No comments:

Post a Comment